I’ve basically been radio silent for the last 15 days. I didn’t start out the month thinking I wouldn’t keep up the blogging habit – hey, I even made blogging a few times a week one of my goals! But, as usual, life got busy and stressful and I simple had no time, no energy, no desire to write. I did manage to squeak out a book review post becuase, you know, that’s easy. And I wrote a long post for friends and family about something that happened to me (more about that, later). But, yeah, I’ve been away. And now I’m back.
You probably want to know what I’ve been up to besides the usual stuff in my life like work and cleaning and attempting to remember to wear moisterizer. From the top of my head, here’s what’s happened since I last really, truly blogged:
- We got a second opinion about Squirm’s strabismus that confirmed the original diagnosis so she’ll have surgery in a few weeks. (Right – must write an intro post to all of that. Another time, perhaps.)
- Matt and I went on a weekend trip to Charlottsville without Squirms. We ate at some great restaurants, had some amazing wine and enjoyed it just being the two of us on a vacation. (This was also, I guess, our official 8th anniversary celebration.)
- I finished knitting the February sweater (but still haven’t seemed it).
- I made part of Squirms’ Halloween costume and started on the second part of it.
- It got cold in DC. Then got warm again. Now, it’s in the 60s. I’m still waiting for Magic Day – you know, when, like magic, it’s cold and stays cold.
- I spent the night in the hospital, getting lots of tests that showed nothing abnormal following a day of dizziness and a painful headache. (Turns out it was just a weird sort of migraine. Neurologist visit is in my near future).
- Squirms wore shoes for the first time. Weird milestone, but she usually just wears socks or nothing on her feet. But it’s going to be getting cold – like, actually cold – soon and I wanted to get her used to the idea.
- I kept really good notes in a notebook about what happened each day inspired by, of all things, the description in the second Outlander book of a small-village cleric who did the same thing. (Though mine is just bulleted notes vice real journaling like he did. Though I do plan to use December as my big journaling on paper month.)
- My group at work has moved past the Forming and Storming phases and is creeping into Norming. (It’s a group forming model – Wiki page is here.) Two new members will be added in the next few months so the whole thing is likely to restart then.
- Squirms has learned to pull herself up to a standing position using us and some furniture as a base. She also once made it onto the landing of the stairs (up one single stair).
- Matt revitalized his sourdough starter and made an amazing partial whole wheat sourdough French-style bread.
- We found out two sets of friends are expecting.
- I lost 6 pounds, though much of that probably came from not eating much of anything that day I was getting the tests in the hospital. (Matt made me take this week off completely this week because “You were in the hospital. You probably shouldn’t go right back into a diet after being in the hospital.)
- We made two different kinds of sausage for a party we’re having on Saturday. Another kind is going to be made tonight.
- I cooked dinner twice. One meal was excellent – a frittata with lots of cheese and cauliflower. The other was only ok – a butternut squash pasta.
- I went through the camera photos from September but haven’t done anything more to make her September scrapbook pages. Really hope my notes are enough for the journaling cards, whenever I finally get around to it.
So – what have you all been up to the last 15 days?