There’s only so many hours in the day and not quite enough to do all of those things I want to do. (We’ll ignore my to do list. That just sort of sits without anything done until a hard deadline – like taxes being due April 15th.)
Don’t get me wrong, I’m lucky enough to have a good two to three hours free most evenings after Squirms has gone to bed. Most nights, Matt and I hang out together (we watch TV, he plays on his phone, I write letter or knit or play on my phone) but sometimes, like tonight, he’s off in his office, playing video games so I’m left to my own devices. And, yet, what am I doing? Watching tons of episodes of Scrubs and attempting to write up a few blog posts to catch folks up on what’s been going on in my life.
What would i do if I had unlimited time? And, somehow, could focus enough to do them?
- Write that memoir I have made zero progress on.
- Learn to write calligraphy or in a cool hand-written font.
- Make a cross stitch sampler of all of the Dr. Who’s.
- Sew myself some awesome skirts. (Requires actually learning how to sew, for real.)
- Watch through all of the seasons of Friends, X-Files, Sex in the City
- Catch up on Squirm’s scrapbook (do have photos from Jan – March printed but have yet to make the pages)
- Write here, you know, more than once every two months
- Make a sweater for myself I actually like
- Take some programming classes online
- Write letters to the rest of the people on my list (which is down to 8 from the 90+ I had in January)
- Make some sort of a collage
- Write to Squirms daily about what she’s done that day and things I want her to know about me
- Make a few books by hand, especially journals
- Make a bunch of dishcloths