Some families have a tradition of wrapping up 24 books which are then opened up one at a time on the days counting up to Christmas. I am not so organized. I only went as far as taking Lizzie to the library where she picked out a few books – which she has zero interest in reading for some reason – with the theme of Christmas. Those books are back at the library already so I don’t have anything to share about that. I do, however, have a list of my favorite Christmas books:
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- Merry Christmas, Mouse! (of the If you give a…. series) by Laura Numeroff, Felicia Bond (Illustrator)
- The Night Before Christmas – particularly love the Berenstain Bear version
- The Gingerbread Man Loose at Christmas by Laura Murray
Do you have any favorite kid’s Christmas books?