I’ve been focusing on simple things this week. Removing apps from my phone that I never use (or use far too much, like Yahtzee). Reading before bed. Moving more. I’m trying to be deliberate in how I fill my hours, instead of picking up my knitting and watching TV the second I have my daily chores done and Lizzie is asleep. As a result, not a ton of progress this week.
I’m now on the second sleeve, a few decrease rounds in. I plan to focus mainly on this the next few days so I can perhaps get it done by next Wednesday.
I’m done! I wound up using the shaping from Roku but alternated 18 rows of k1, p1 with 18 rows of p1, k1 to give it this fun look. When I was trying to sew up the top, I pulled so hard on the working thread that it split in half. A bit of knitting surgery was required to recover, using a separate length of yarn to sew the end back up. (Ignore my crazy eyes.)
I decided to pull this out, after all. The yarn will be used for a basic stockinette cowl which I guess you can say is in progress, as the ribbing is done (reused from Rider). I hope to re-start the pattern in a plain color soon.
Socks for Lizzie
In typical kid fashion, she no longer wants socks, so I’ve pulled out the little progress I had and have set the yarn aside to become socks for someone else.
Started and Finished: Dishcloths
I wound up making two little dishcloths – one slightly larger than the other – using the Delightful Dishcloths pattern. Quick and easy knit. This starts me on my one 20 for 20 goal to make 10 of these for work. Perfect for carrying a hot lunch from the microwave to my cube.
New Start: Spa Day Facecloth
Making this from the same Pima 100 yarn I used for the others. Again, plan to make two.